Saturday, June 20, 2009

Announcement

I would like to announce that I am the proud new owner of quite the sunburn. 

For those who don't know me well, I have olive-ish skin which generally tans like crazy but never burns and turns red. After living in Venezuela for two years, just two and a half weeks away from my return to the US... I have my very first Venezuelan sunburn! Actually it is my first real sunburn in as long as I can remember! 

I spent most of this last week in Mérida (where I lived last year). I was there to help orient a group of 12 american students and Campus Crusade staff who arrived last Friday for what we call a Summer Project. They will be in Mérida for about 5 weeks sharing their faith and building relationships with Venezuelan students. I spent all day on campus Thursday and as a result have a beautiful burn. It just makes me laugh, as I equally spent time on campus last year and never got burnt!

Hopefully my beautiful tank top stripes will go away before the wedding in which I´ll be a bridesmaid in just 3 weeks!

2 comments:

Scarlet said...

umm...congratulations?

Kelsey said...

Hey Sarah! This is Kelsey Owens, from the Merida summer project. I found your blog on the internet. It was so nice meeting you in Merida. Thanks for coming spending some time with our summer project. I hope all is well for you in the states.