Thursday, August 28, 2008

84%

I currently am at 84% of my financial support needed to return to Venezuela. We are praying that I will be able to return to Caracas around September 10th.

I'm spending Labor Day weekend with my brother and his wife in northern California (Grass Valley, Nevada City area to be exact). I am really excited to be able to spend time with family, for the heat (although it may be a bit much), and to spend a few days having what might be referred to as, VACATION, before I head out (though I will be working on support while I'm here as well).

I guess for now I don't have much more to share... It is hot! I went to school with my brother and sister-in-law who are high school teachers at a very creative Charter school. It is neat to see them in their normal world. My brother is a real live adult! He has a wife, house, job... he even has a dog!

Please pray that God would work quickly to bring in the rest of the finances that I need. I'm eager to get back to Venezuela, and definitely want to arrive before classes begin. If you would like to help financially in some way please visit this page: https://give.ccci.org/give/0598804 . All gifts are tax-deductible.

No comments: